With bachelor formation as Engineer in Biotechnology by the National Polytechnic Institute from Mexico (IPN), I started my scientific career studying Plant Epigenetics in CINVESTAV, then I obtained a master degree by the Biotechnology Institute from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) developing a project focused on Drosophila epigenetics.
As a current P.hD. Student in Merino’s Lab I am developing a bioinformatics project focused on the analysis of transcriptional regulators in bacteria. I am interested in the evolutionary origin of transcriptional regulatory networks that leads to gene regulation as we known today.
I have used R programming language during the last 4 years and since 2018 started to develop my own packages.
- R programming
- Open Source Software
- Molecular Biology
- 2012-2013 Bachelor’s project. Analysis of the gen PvuATXR3h expression and its regulation in advent roots during nodular organogenesis in Phaseolus vulgaris L.
- 2015-2017. M.Sc. degree. The role of the proteins dAtrx and dAdd1 in the telomeric maintenance of Drosophila melanogaster.
- 2017-present. P.hD. degree. In silico identification and functional analysis of transcriptional regulators in the Planctomycetes-Verrucomicrobia-Chlamydiae (PVC) superphylum.
- dAdd1 and dXNP prevent genome instability by maintaining HP1a localization at Drosophila telomeres. 2017. Article.
- Expression profiling and down-regulation of three histone lysine methyltransferase genes (PvATXR3h, PvASHH2h, and PvTRX1h) in the common bean. 2014. Article.
Packages and contributions
- regulonDB, co-author and maintainer 2020.
- erba, author and maintainer 2020.
Courses and Conferences
- Latin American R/Bioconductor Developers workshop 2018
- Latin American R/Bioconductor Developers workshop 2019.
- Bioconductor Conference BioC2019.
- RStudio Conference  (https://rstudio.com/conference/).
- Board member of CDSB Mexico.
- Member of the Bioinformatics Network Mexico RMB.
- Founder of R-Ladies Cuernavaca.